Picture orientation problem

Same here.

I have been given a 3.26 snapshot which appears to fix the problem so hopefully there is an update soon.

1 Like

3.26 version was released few minutes ago, iā€™ve checked, works fine.

3 Likes

Not fineā€¦ Startiing mapillary in landscape mode makes pictures rotatedā€¦

And another issue found: tilting phone is broken in 3.26. Rotating phone slighty clockwise makes tilt +1, rotating slightly counterclockwise makes tilt 359 instead of -1
So recording sequencies is not possible, because phone shows the message phone tilted almost all the time.
Issues with freezing app and stopping recording are as a bonus. I threw few sentences directly to the trashbin and will not continue before they fix that

I can confirm the phone tilt problem too, you beat me to it.

However images were still been taken and was working, I have it set to take images even when detecting shaking so thatā€™s probably why (most of our roads here are terrible).

1 Like

Hi there,
We just fixed the tilting problem in 3.26 and itā€™s in the just-released 3.27.

For the portrait orientation problem - we are disabling portrait for the time being, but need to fix the EXIF orientation correctly - we are looking into it. We are on it.

/peter

4 Likes

Confirmed, 3.27 fix works well for tilting issueā€¦
Also update PlayStore info about the version info :wink:

3 Likes

Another here @katrin : Mapillary
It is only one image.

And Mapillary
seems to be the whole sequence.

@Hjart and @tryl, thanks - Iā€™ve submitted rotation requests for you, should get fixed soon.

1 Like

here another long sequence to be corrected:

and

1 Like

Thanks @micmin1972 - done!

YAXWpR36a_DN61a6deplDQ

This sequence is upside down.

Can you rotate the picture.
Thank you

Maybe we can have a simple ā€œrotateā€ left / right option in the photo / sequence editor, to request these changes?

Hereā€™s another upside-down sequence:

I note that I only seem to have this problem when I mount the phone rotated to the right (which I have to do when Iā€™m shooting sideways out the passenger window, to avoid getting my rearview mirror in the shot).

Thanks! Iā€™ve requested rotations for this, should happen within a few hours. We want to give users the possibility to request these themselves (as with other edits) but not quite there yet.

1 Like

Good, because asking a computer what is up and what is down must be very hard on the computer. This is so important because I like the app-buttons when shooting in the car to be on the left side of the smartphone.

Hi JackTheRipper,
I got the result of correct rotation with my Micromax (Knight) phone (not tried in Mapillary) when set to auto rotation in the settings.
The settings in the mobile gives the options as to the portrait mode or auto rotate mode which on upload yields the correct rotation.

• Dhanasekaran M

Nothing happened :confused:

@benthomas I tried again, please let me know if still not correct by tomorrow!

paulinus edit the photo:

but again no result.