I have been miss behaving. I'm sorry

Looking at the baddges Led me to reading all the guidelines and rules.
I’ve always signed my posts, I don’t do this every time but I have done it often. To me this means I hope to hear from others on this topic.
I see Mapillary frowns on signing posts.
I don’t agree but will comply and apologize.
I’m sorry.
(Oh! how tempting it is to sign this post)

JB,
I often have difficulty to understand your American slang. The context is not always clear.
Now I really do not know what you talk about. What do you mean with “signing the post” ?
What could be wrong with it ?

,Filip said
““I often have difficulty to understand your American slang. The context is not always clear.
Now I really do not know what you talk about. What do you mean with “signing the post” ?
What could be wrong with it ?””

I agree, what could, indeed be wrong with signing a post.
But the guidelines, the rule book, clearly outlaw such behavior.
I can’t see what harm would come from my putting “JBTHEMILKER” at the end of my posts.
But those are the rules.

You could make things more understandable by providing a link and a quote. I am assuming you’re ironic, but on this text-only medium, the deeper meaning is often lost. Be explicit, instead of subtle. :smile:

1 Like

I just went back to the guidelines and for the life of me I can’t see the law I was referring to.
To paraphrase as best I can remember…

“Don’t not sign posts, each post has your screen name at the top , this should be enough.”

But I don’t see in the guidelines where I read that. I wanted to copy and paste it.

I found it! The guidelines state…

““Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
Don’t post no-content replies.
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.””

What you found is on http://forum.mapillary.io/guidelines, under the header “Keep it tidy”. And yeah, I guess it’s a bit cleaner without having you name twice. But I think it’s mostly meant for people having a multi-line signature…

3 Likes

Whoops - guilty as charged! :smile: I will bet we have all done it at some stage

1 Like

What @pbb said! No harm done in dropping your name at the bottom of your post, and I haven’t really seen anyone flooding their posts with overwhelming signatures full of information better suited for their profile page. So well done, dear community! =)

1 Like