How many times must a picture be processed?

Yesterday was a bright sunny day. I spent my day mapping.
Now it seems I’ll spend the next week cramming these pictures into the upload.
Once a picture has been processed, that should be it. That picture should then be ready to be up loaded. But no.
In each of 3 phone/cameras I wait through the processing of 13+ sequences (l am coming to hate that word) each sequence takes about 10 times as long to go through because time after time the counter jumps back to some random point.
Then after all 13+ sequences have been processed a random number of pictures (not the same as any of the sequences) will be selected to be up loaded.
When they are done the whole procedure starts right back at the beginning. I have gone through the processing as many as 9 times before I show one sequence done.
So after 24 hours of nearly continuous fighting and after processing umpteen times I now show 10 sequences left to upload.
I’m hoping maybe to have then done for mother’s day.
I know my numbers are high, I started out with about 60,000 pictures yesterday if you add together the three phone/cameras, but does any one else find the redundant, repetive, over and over, again and again, reiterated, repeated processing to be irksome?

2 Likes

It looks as we are talking about the manual upload here.
Yesterday it went well, today it is very slow. I do not know where the cause lies.
“Well” is of course relative. It is still so clumsy and slow that a normal person would not do it twice.

I just got a “Unable to get response from server, please try again” error.

““filipc
10h 1
It looks as we are talking about the manual upload here.””

I am just uploading straight from each phone/camera where the pictures were recorder.
I’m thinking, if it rains tomorrow I might boot up the lap top and try that route.
I still have about 25 ""Sequences “” left to cram into the up load.
I borrowed a power grinder once for grinding pork.
When I first got the grinder it ground up pork hungrily. It was sort of like Mapillary upload used to be, always hungry for more.
Then I washed the grinder.
After that I had to push the meat in. The job was a fight instead of a delight
When I returned the meat grinder I was told one of the blades had been put in backwards after cleaning.
I think Mapillary has an uploading blade in backwards.

I am having the same problems. It seems like Samsung phones are struggling with the new upload process.

I would suggest the following:

1. Upload all of the photos on your phone that you took with app 3.54 (otherwise they will be deleted).
  2. Go to Google Play Store > Settings > Turn off Auto-update apps.
  3. Uninstall the Mapillary app from your phone
  4. Download and install the old Mapillary app from here: http://android-releases.mapillary.io/Mapillary_Android_3.27.apk

You will have to sign back in but then you can take photos and upload without processing!

You might want to backup your photos onto a computer before doing any of this.

1 Like

""I am having the same problems. It seems like Samsung phones are struggling with the new upload process.

I would suggest the following:

Upload all of the photos on your phone that you took with app 3.54 (otherwise they will be deleted).
Go to Google Play Store > Settings > Turn off Auto-update apps.
Uninstall the Mapillary app from your phone
Download and install the old Mapillary app from here: http://android-releases.mapillary.io/Mapillary_Android_3.27.apk1
You will have to sign back in but then you can take photos and upload without processing!

You might want to backup your photos onto a computer before doing any of this""

Boy! I thank you for that walk through, give your self a badge.
I now have one phone/camera set up that way.
We have a soaking rain today but I still hope to try this oit.

I started this thread asking how many times a picture must be processed.
I decided to keep count.
I came back from Lake Erie with all three phone/camera full of Mapillary app generated pictures on Wednesday night.
I had over 60,000 pictures to upload. These were divided into hypothetical upload sequences. I had, if you add all 3 phone/cameras together about 60 hypothetical upload sequences.
I kept count in 2 out of the 3 cameras how many times a picture must be processed.
This phone/camera took 97 times running through the process hassle.
My other S7 did better only taking 73 times processing to get them all up loaded.
Uploading the pictures from Wednesday took until Saturday morning.
I’ve now reverted to a pre processing version until this bug can be fixed.
Once a picture has been processed, it needs to be ready to load, if indeed the processing has any value at all.
I call the sequence in the processing hypothetical because I started with 60 sequences and my sequence counter at 174. I finally got all the pictures processed and uploaded and my sequence counter now stands at 179.
[I wrote this post once already this morning. That post seems to have been lost.
If this is a repeat of another post. (Almost like the processing) I apologize.