Camera mounts for bicycle

But that is a sunshine state in a country where everything is big and smooth. I have to live with narrow cobble stone alleys with trees and woods of undersigns in small letters.

@allen this definitely looks better than most of the bike sequences I have captured :wink:

Thank you. BUt I’ll bet, unlike me, you would’ve taken on that full hill. I duck out on the side street under the excuse that it needed to be mapped. In reality it was too hot and I’m too heavy for all that hill so fast ( aka steep ). :smile:

1 Like

“Good enough” depends on who you ask. Most pictures are usefull in some way. Some only for getting information like for OSM mapping, others are also beautifull or interesting. A technically perfect image can be of some boring road showing nothing of value.
Personally I try to get the best images within the time and budget I have. That may include uploading underexposed and tilted images, but if I don’t have the time to fix it, and there is no images of that location, that is the best which is possible right now.

2 Likes

I was really inspired by this, thank you. This is what I’m currently using.

Of course if I had a camera with a gyro which could level out the image even then at all sorts of angles I’d prefer to use a simpler helmet mount. I have to slow down and go around tree branches and signs all the time with this.

I wrote about my whole setup at aharvey's Diary | My Bicycle setup for Mapillary | OpenStreetMap

5 Likes

Great setup, and I’m glad you were inspired by my bike.

I hope your cam don’t move too much when you are on unsmooth path.

btw: i’m working on a better system for my bike

1 Like