Baby Mapping 1a

I did some photo mapping when taking my niece for a walk the other day. I’d say the camera set up worked decent enough. One short coming is that it didn’t seem to help me avoid changing a full, smelly diaper within a half hour of this pic. I guess the technology isn’t quite there yet for that… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was able to use the same mounts that I use on my bike

1 Like

BTW - That makes 4 ways I’ve nabbed pics for photo mapping: walking, biking, car and baby stroller. Now I just need to add a boat and a zeppelin. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So is that one forward and one left facing camera?

You could also try train/tram and bus. The fist ever images I did trying out Mapillary were on a bus.

I also did a bit of the O-Bahn here (german style busway).

I would love to get a full view without the bus itself but I am not a bus driver :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, front and left(ish). But the hood up to block the sun got in the way so I ended up with each being sideways. Just as well since those sideviews would be most useful on streets and paths I’ve already walked.

I like the idea of the tram. I’m not sure how to pull off a front view on those either. I played with some out the window side views from a bus, though.

Another one is by ferry that I forgot to add… I"m hoping Caboosey gets back here on Mobile Bay to get some photo mapping of the ferry route.

1 Like