Anyone having a Huawei Honor 7 or Sony Z5(compact)?

Hi!

I am still on the hunt for a good mobilw with a 20+ MP camera being able to shoot pictures with mapillary every 1 sec (or every 2 sec).
The HTC One M9 cannot, it throttles too much.
Has anyone a Huawei Honor 7 and can test mapillary with it?
My Honor 7 can only do 640x480 pictures with mapillary, I also did test a upgrade to (beta) Android 5.1.1 - no success in getting high res pictures in mapillary, although camera app can do this.
Also I know the sony Z5 compact has nice specs on paper, has anyone been able to test this mobile yet?
I want to use mapillary to shot at least every 2 sec a 20+ MP picture for >1 hour without issues.
How long does the battery last?

aceini

I have a Xperia Z5 Compact, it works actually great for me, and now Sony lets you build your own Android images for it, too!

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2015/10/12/aosp-android-6-0-marshmallow-resources-xperia-z5-binaries-added-to-sonys-open-device-program/

/peter

Hi!

Just want to note: we did fixed the honor 7 issues and it works great now :slight_smile: Full 20MP with Mapillary every 1 sec. Wow.
And it has a dual-sim setup, too.

echelon

So, it’s now shooting at full speed, fast @Amiga4000 ? Then these bug-hunting hours paid off!

/peter

Hi

It is shooting in 1 sec intervall to internal memory. But as internal memory is limited, I need to test with a 128 GB memory card and see how fast it will be with it.
Overall: bug-hunting did payed off well yet.

echelon

Ok, tested now with 128GB card. It is slower than internal, each 3-5 pictures it needs 1-2 sec processing.
Which renders this methos bad for use all the time.
I think I keep using internal and move the pictures in case of full internal space to sdcard. If thats possible.

echelon

Yes you can do. For uploading, just first upload the internal ones, then change mapillary folder to the external or copy them back to the internal location.